As your roof reaches the end of its service life, it may be a candidate for restoration. Depending on the roof type, various coatings, sealants and re-saturants can be applied to extend the roof by up to 10 years.
We can use our Thermal Scanners to locate any wet areas, make repairs and then apply the proper restoration material. Typically the restoration coating will be highly reflective which can reduce cooling costs.
Many building owners, including the ones listed below, have saved thousands of dollars by restoring rather than replacing:
- District 5 Area For Aging – Mansfield, OH – Garland – White Knight over an EPDM roof
- Clear Fork Schools – Bellville, OH – Garland White Knight over a PVC roof
- Richland County Library – Mansfield, OH – Garland White Knight over an EPDM roof
- Wooster City Schools – Wooster, OH – Garland Energizer over a built-up roof
- Madison Schools – Mansfield, OH - Garland Energizer over a built-up roof
- Red Cross Community Center – Mansfield, OH - Garland Energizer over a built-up roof
We work with the following restoration material manufacturers:
Architects, building owners, and home owners find metal roofs attractive and economical for the long-term. While initially more expensive to install, they can last for 50 or more years
Standing-seam steel roofing is the most popular metal roofing today. But metal roofs can also be made to resemble wood shakes, clay tiles, shingles, and Victorian metal tiles.
The employees of Alumni Roofing have installed several metal roofs and metal wall panel systems including the following buildings:
- Mansfield Christian – New Addition– Mansfield, OH – Dimensional Metals, Inc.
- Mid Ohio Conference Center - Mansfield, OH – MBCI Wall Panels
- Cedar Point – Sandusky, OH – Maverick Roller Coaster – Aluminum Metal Shake Shingles
- University Plaza – Kent, OH – MBCI Wall Panels
We work with the following manufacturers:
Built-Up Roofs (BUR) are one of the most proven roofing systems available. The roof is constructed using multiple layers of felt that are buried in hot asphalt. The top layer will be a cap sheet that is typically white to reflect the heat of the sun
BUR’s can also be installed using a torch to heat asphalt that the manufacturer has applied on the back of rolled roofing.
The employees of Alumni Roofing have been installing built-up roofs for many years including the following buildings:
- Mid Ohio Conference Center – Mansfield, OH – GAF Ruberoid 75,000 square feet
- Peoples Community Center – Mansfield, OH – Garland 2 ply 60,000 square feet
- Dublin Schools – Garland 2 ply and Cap System
- Dublin Scioto High School – 93,000 square feet
- Dublin Indian Run Elementary – 21,000 square feet
- Dublin Scottish Corners Elementary – 32,000 square feet
- Dublin Karr Middle School – 7,500 square feet
- Dublin Davis Middle School – 7,500 square feet
- AEP – Zanesville, OH – Garland 2ply 46,000 square feet
- Mechanics Bank – Mansfield, OH – GAF Vented BUR system 12,500 square feet
- Grandview Heights High School – Grandview, OH – Garland 2 ply 16,500 square feet
We work with the following manufacturers to provide system warranties of 10-20 years.
Single-ply roofing systems are factory fabricated sheets that are installed in the field as a single layer. They can be glued to the insulation or fastened using screws. The seams are heat welded or fused together in the field using hot air guns.
Single-ply membranes also offer a solution to concerns for the environment and energy conservation: light-colored, reflective roof surfaces offer building occupants a significant reduction in energy use.
Single-ply roofing membranes have grown in popularity due to their flexibility, relative ease of installation, and competitive price.
The employees of Alumni Roofing have installed several single ply roofs including the following buildings:
- Staples – Mansfield, OH – GAF TPO
- Burlington Coat Factory – Mansfield, OH – GAF TPO
- Richland Mall – Mansfield, OH – GAF TPO
- Newman Technology R&D Facility – Mansfield, OH – GAF TPO
- Discount Tire – Lancaster, OH – GAF TPO
We work with the following manufacturers to provide system warranties of 15-25 years